I can't believe it's already been so long since my last post. We stay busy, and time just flies when it gets dark at 4:45 p.m. Evening has already started by then, and it makes me feel that much more tired. I'm really tired, and can't seem to get over that...
David's finally decided he has to take his hospital care into his own hands. I know -- no surprise there. He had me check online the medications he's being given. The main one - the injection that is so painful -- was banned in the U.S. 30 years ago -- not kidding! 30 years ago the U.S. banned that one (it's an NSAID) because of the horrible problems it caused some people. Even Lithuania banned it 10 years ago! David took the remainder and hid it from the nurses. Tonight he had a big blow-up argument with the nurse about it and told her absolutely "nyet!" He said she finally left the room mumbling and not happy at all. He has prescription NSAIDs with him, so he'll just take those when he needs that.
Tyler's watching Lassie dvd's that David brought with us. He's desperately bored. Television is a hoax here. The channels are so snowy and they're all in Russian, so the only thing he wants to watch is cartoons and wrestling, and neither is on tonight. We're all Go Fish and Bunco-ed out! Now it's 9:20 and I'd like to get us to sleep.
No orphanage visit today, but we had information about the local Church of Christ and went there, then spent the rest of the afternoon at the hospital. Church was a wonderful experience. The people were really sweet, and offered to let us stay with them instead of paying for an apartment. It's basically two men and 10 ladies. One of the men is over 70 and he and his wife weren't there today because her back was hurting so badly. They sang all songs that I'm familiar with, so I just sang the English version. They have a very nice building with pews, an office, Bibles, song books, a kitchen, and a full bathroom with baptistry. They also have a nice van that they came to pick us up in, and the church building is only about 10 minutes away from our apartment. Two ladies there teach classes at the local language school, and they translated everything for me - nice.
David should get out of the hospital tomorrow, so I don't know how the timing of that might interfere with our orphanage visit. We may have to miss another day, but that's okay, if we can get David settled and happy. Picture below is the building where Kolya lives and goes to school.
Our sermon and Bible class topics for today were on gratitude. Showing gratitude and what to do when others don't. Do we expect gratitude? How do we show it? I am grateful that I have a God who's stronger than I am, and that He always knows what He's doing even when I don't know what He's doing. He has a plan, and I am a part of it. He has given me His Holy Spirit as a comforter, and He is reliable. God is good all the time.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.