Tuesday, January 19, 2010

LEAVING DAY!

We are at the airport in New Orleans waiting for our flight!  Check-in went very smoothly and quickly.  We go to Washington Dulles, first, then connect to Munich (an 8-hour flight), and finally move on to our destination.  Our bags are checked all the way through, so that's nice. 

We should be able to see Kolya on Monday - yea!  I was up until almost 3 a.m. last night and the night before, so I am exhausted!  I'm trying not to be too anxious.  So far, I'm doing o.k.  I actually felt a lot better about things yesterday because I had stayed up so late and gotten all our clothes packed.  Last night was just the extra stuff, and then making sure the bags weren't too heavy.  There is a 50 pound limit.  I made the decision to not bring the granola bars and tuna I had picked up for the trip.  My bag (shared with Kolya) was 45 pounds, Tyler's (shared with snack foods and gifts) was 45 pounds.  David's turned out to be 49 pounds - ha!

Please pray for our safety, and for the adoption to go smoothly and painlessly.  Please pray for Tyler, too.  He's feeling tense and anxious.  Right now he's playing his Didj, evidently trying to run the batteries down before we even  leave the country - lol!  David's looking for food (what else is new?).  Plane just pulled up to the gate, but we don't actully leave for another hour.  I guess I should go, now, so I can get some lunch, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.