It is 5:00 p.m. here, 9:00 a.m. at home. It was 20 below last night, we were told. Not sure whether that's accurate, although that probably was the wind chill factor. We leave tomorrow evening for the region where Kolya lives, and arrive there on Sunday morning. The forecast for our destination is calling for a high of 4 degrees, and a low of -6! Not above single digits all week. I also saw that it was sunny and 77 degrees at home yesterday - grrrr!
I had to go to the SDA today to pick up my national permission to go to the region to "meet" Kolya. When I returned to the apartment, David and Tyler were gone, so I was locked out. Luckily our facilitator's hubby had the cell number to call him. David finally answered and said he and Tyler were at the underground shopping mall, so I walked down the street and met them. David wanted to walk around and take Tyler to the park, so we walked several blocks. He thought he knew where it was, but didn't. We finally gave up. By the time we got back to the apartment, my face was frozen, and my toes were worse!
I read a posting today from a friend with the hosting program. They've been trying to complete their Russian adoption for almost 10 years! Yesterday, it was granted! Hurray for them. The girl is now 16 years old, and is finally an official member of the family that they get to bring home for good. We are so blessed to have had such a simple and speedy process, so far, without glitches.
Now, I'm starving, so I'm going to go figure out a way to make some mac n cheese with what I have to work with!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.