Monday, October 12, 2009

Our Weekend



















We had a good weekend. Tyler was out of school for records day on Friday, so we left on Thursday night toward Texas. We drove half way, and spent the night there, then drove on to Texas on Friday morning. I left Tyler and David with Daddy; and Mama, Julie and I had lunch together. Then Julie and I went shopping. That's a major event, in case you didn't know. Julie doesn't like shopping any more than I do, and we shopped 'til we dropped! First, we found some bedding for the baby's room -- too cute! Then, we spent a looooooooooong time getting a maternity wardrobe. Julie was so adorable in those clothes that I think she almost had fun. (But don't tell anyone -- it would absolutely RUIN her reputation!) After that, we went to Babies R Us for her to start her selections. It was a long, tiring day, but I'm pretty sure she's glad that we got all that taken care of in one day. We really got a lot accomplished.

On Saturday, we went to Six Flags. It was a celebration of Tyler's "gotcha day" and Julie's birthday, and it was also Dana's birthday. We had a group of 19 family members! I love Six Flags. :o) That was Tyler's first time to go, and he had a great time. It was a long trip back to Tyler afterward, but all worth it. We got up early Sunday morning and drove home, and I was sooooooooooo sleepy! We listened to the Cowboys on the way home, and (luckily) were able to catch the last 5 minutes plus the overtime on t.v. YEA! GO COWBOYS!!! I have to say, though, that I felt just a smidge sorry for Kansas City, since they played such a tough game, and still haven't won any (hey, I said a SMIDGE! LOL!).
Picked up Ruthie from the Pet Palace today after school. (Her's so poodie!) We have our fingerprint appointment at INS tomorrow morning! Hope the processing goes smoothly and quickly. Could we be traveling by Thanksgiving? Could we possibly be home by Christmas? Probably too much to hope for (I always hate to get my hopes up about things), but still . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.