I have had a wonderful day, today! It started early, a little before 6. I got up and made a couple of cups of decaf pumpkin spice coffee, poured me a cup, and sat down at David's desk in the office to call Kolya. Yep, that's right -- I got to call Kolya today for his birthday! Go, me! I was nervous calling without a translator, but apparently I did fine. Our adoption facilitator was able to contact the orphanage earlier this week to get the phone number and hours for me, so they were expecting me to call. Kolya's 11 today.
David, Tyler, and I sang Happy Birthday to him. I asked him if he knew what "happy birthday" means, and he said, "Da." I told him I thought we might be able to go there in January or February. I asked him if he was ready for that. He said, "Da." I told him that he would soon be my son. He said, "Da." I asked him if he had received our gift package. He said, "Da." I asked him if he was learning his English at school. He said, "Yes." ha! A boy of very few words on the phone. He volunteered nothing, just answered my questions and responded to my statements, of course.
After dropping Tyler off at school, I went and had a really hard workout class -- it was great. Then I came home, and David was home. He heated up the hot tub, and we soaked a while after a short rain. I picked Tyler up from school and took him to the health club to hit tennis balls with the ball machine. After 20 minutes, it started raining hard, so we had to quit. David had met us over there, so I took them on a tour of the facility and we played a little basketball. We ate supper there because our free meals (for new members) were about to expire. It was really good food. When we left, the cold front had blown through, and it was 62 degrees. It had been almost 80 when we got there.
Finally, when we came home and I went through our mail, I found our INS APPROVAL LETTER! Holy cow! That's what we've been waiting for!!!!!!!!! Okay, so NOW we are waiting for David's proof of employment letter, our criminal background checks, then I think we are DONE COLLECTING OUR PAPERWORK FOR THE ADOPTION! Woo-hoo! We're going to make the deadline, so we possibly will be leaving for our adoption trip at the end of January! How cool is that?! God is so good!
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.