It has been a long, busy week. I spent Monday through Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. gathering adoption paperwork: signatures, going to doctors' offices, gathering more signatures, and finally going to the Secretary of State's office for apostilles, then FedEx'ing it all to the adoption agency. I even sent Randi on an errand to Austin to get an apostille for us. Whew! Unbelievable the difference in the amount of documentation required as opposed to our Russian adoption, however. This is MUCH better, but still covers all the bases.
Today, I played tennis from 9:30 to 11:30, then had lunch with some girls there. We had a great time. I am thoroughly enjoying learning to really play tennis. I ran a couple of errands, then by the time I got home, it was already almost 2:00! I had 30 minutes to do stuff at home before having to pick Tyler up from school.
Tyler had a soccer game this evening. The score was tied 3-3 at the end, and they decided to play five minutes of overtime. In those five minutes, the other team got TWO goals past our goalie. He had done a pretty good job all night, but he's no Tyler.
We had our ladies Bible study group tonight, and I am just exhausted. I have some stupid sinus thing going on today, and I'm feeling pretty run down.
The decision was made today not to host Kolya for Christmas because there is a small chance that our travel dates would be during the hosting period. I'm relieved that there is a resolution to the quandary of whether to spend the money to host (only one month, or less, before adoption). On the other hand, I sure did want him here with us for Christmas! :o( We are so blessed to have options.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.