Monday, March 1, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

We're home and having some down time today.  By the time my little dog woke me up at 7:15 this morning, David had already fed the boys breakfast, gotten Tyler all packed up and ready for school, and the boys had been playing outside for an hour.  After Tyler and David left, I took my shower (ahhhhhh), fixed a big cup of coffee (ahhhhh, again), and I'm going through a huge stack of mail and bills (grrrr), while Kolya's watching Star Wars and playing with Tyler's Nerf machine gun and a new pocketknife.  He's just hanging around in his longjohns, and he comes up and gives me big hugs every now and then (sweeeeeeeeeeet).

The trip home was fairly uneventful, but loooooooooooong.  Ten hours on the flight to the U.S., then a couple hours layover at JFK, and a two and a half hour flight to N.O., then the hour's drive home.  I did not sleep one wink on the trip.  Kolya slept the last hour and a half, and that was all.  We were up for 24 hours straight, and my bed felt really good (of course, that was after I stayed in Tyler's bed for him to fall asleep - been missing my baby boy).

I'm far too busy to be blogging today, but I promise to fill in those blanks regarding the end of the adoption process soon, including a timeline.  Best to all!

Our first day at home went pretty well, I must say. David took Tyler to school for us, and I worked in the office until noon going through the mail and paying bills (yuk). While I did that, Kolya played with toys from the playroom, then asked if he could watch television. I said no to that because I figured he wanted to watch cartoons, about which I am pretty particular. Then he explained that he wanted to watch a "disk." So, I told him that would be okay, since I was working in the office, anyway; he chose Star Wars, Episode I, and by the time it was over, I was finished in the office. He's terribly bored, and keeps asking when Tyler's coming home from school. He was shocked and disappointed that the answer was 4:00!


The boys have been so excited about having each other here that they haven't even had a fight, yet. Of COURSE, I know that's coming; it just hasn't happened, yet. It's "Come on, Tyler," and "Come on, Kolya," and they happily bound off to wherever to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.