Mama news: Well, we are still waiting on official word regarding whether Kolya is legally available for adoption... The team from the hosting organization was at his orphanage TODAY interviewing kids for the Christmas hosting. Oh, man, I wish I could have been there with them! Latest word is that we may know officially by Monday (and possibly even tomorrow!).
Nana news: Julie's finished her first trimester, and she and baby are doing great! Pray for good health for both of them.
College kid news: Randi got a PT school interview! yea for her! I think she's going to Abilene next week for that. I'm really hoping she gets in, and that it is just the first of many interviews and acceptances for her. (I would LOVE for her to get into a state school!!!)
Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still and know that I am God..." Ahh, so waiting is just part of life, and as a Christian, I should be really good at it. Perhaps my faith ensures that it is easier for me to wait than it is for those who are of the world. Patience. Perseverence.
Somewhat off-topic (OT)--Sometimes in my life I have had regrets and thoughts of past failures or inactions, or other things that cause me to be unable to forgive myself and move on with life, so that I may live in the present and make my life full and abundant. I re-discovered a verse this spring while studying for our ladies' Bible class that really spoke to my heart, and I've starred and underlined it in my Bible. It is 2 Corinthians 10:5--"We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." In the past, I skimmed this verse, not really seeing what "speculations" meant, and thus not seeing what this verse means for me. The Holy Spirit let me see this verse all fresh and new this spring. Our "speculations" are our "if-onlys" and "what-ifs!" It boils down to this for me: because we know God, we have to defeat every thought that is inconsistent with what we know to be true and correct! No, actually: because I know God, I have to defeat every thought that is inconsistent with what I know to be true and correct!
Nana news: Julie's finished her first trimester, and she and baby are doing great! Pray for good health for both of them.
College kid news: Randi got a PT school interview! yea for her! I think she's going to Abilene next week for that. I'm really hoping she gets in, and that it is just the first of many interviews and acceptances for her. (I would LOVE for her to get into a state school!!!)
Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still and know that I am God..." Ahh, so waiting is just part of life, and as a Christian, I should be really good at it. Perhaps my faith ensures that it is easier for me to wait than it is for those who are of the world. Patience. Perseverence.
Somewhat off-topic (OT)--Sometimes in my life I have had regrets and thoughts of past failures or inactions, or other things that cause me to be unable to forgive myself and move on with life, so that I may live in the present and make my life full and abundant. I re-discovered a verse this spring while studying for our ladies' Bible class that really spoke to my heart, and I've starred and underlined it in my Bible. It is 2 Corinthians 10:5--"We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." In the past, I skimmed this verse, not really seeing what "speculations" meant, and thus not seeing what this verse means for me. The Holy Spirit let me see this verse all fresh and new this spring. Our "speculations" are our "if-onlys" and "what-ifs!" It boils down to this for me: because we know God, we have to defeat every thought that is inconsistent with what we know to be true and correct! No, actually: because I know God, I have to defeat every thought that is inconsistent with what I know to be true and correct!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.