While we WAIT, we are -- of course -- keeping very busy. Tyler scored a goal at his first U10 soccer game last Saturday! I was in College Station Friday and Saturday with Randi. She got her Aggie class ring! Oh, yeah -- how cool is this: Randi got word that she has an interview at UTMB's PT school in Galveston! yea!!!
I had a board meeting Monday morning across the lake (AND across the river - ha!), met with the woman who runs our bar association Christmas party venue to sign a contract; tennis Tuesday morning, then finished and published the bar association website; Wednesday I cleaned off my desk, organized a file drawer, and did some laundry; this morning I have a doctor appointment; tonight is Bible study night; tomorrow I have a shower to attend (oh, yeah -- I need to go shopping for gifts today), and we have Russian class in Slidell on Fridays at 5:30; Saturday is soccer; Sunday, Tyler has a birthday party to go to; then we start another week's activities. I'm pretty sure I'm going to join the new gym in town on Monday-- need to tweak my workout routine.
Tyler's not doing well in math, so far, this year. He doesn't want to go to school. "School is stupid because it has math." :o( Pray for him, please! He does very well in EVERY other subject; he and math just don't "click." Homework is a pain much of the time. Actually, he does fairly well on homework/daily assignments, but he doesn't test well at all.
I am putting together a small package to send to Kolya for his birthday (October 30). I have everything ready except a letter to enclose with it. I need to send it off tomorrow, since it takes a few weeks to get packages to him. I keep thinking about him. Don't you know that he's waking up anxious every day wondering whether and when something is going to happen, now that he knows we're coming! I really hope they warned him that it may take a long time!
Meanwhile, I will be dropping off a few obligations at the end of the year. I think I will probably have to home school Kolya for a while until he learns some English. (Our public school district is less than optimum, unfortunately. I am hoping I can talk the parish into letting him attend a school in a different district; we'll see!)
Oh, oh, oh!!! I almost forgot! Our agency says that they think we will have Kolya home for good before Mardi Gras - wow! I have trouble believing it can really move that quickly, but we'll see about that, too. (I have to send off for our state criminal records checks today or tomorrow. Then, I just need a few more documents to have everything gathered for our dossier.) Dude -- I have waaaay too much to do.
Hope you are all having a nice, productive, and blessed week.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.