Friday, December 4, 2009

Woo-Hoo!!!


We have our travel dates! Yea! We leave on January 19, arrive there on January 20, and have our state department of adoption appointment on the 21st. Will probably have to wait for the following Monday to see Kolya, but that's okay. So exciting! If all goes well, we'll be bringing him home -- for good -- around the third week of February. It would have been nice to have him home for Christmas, or to get over there and get started before that, but at least this way we won't have a conflict with Randi's graduation, and we'll be home for Christmas. It also would have been nice to be able to host him for Christmas, but we just didn't know when we would be going over, and the invitation date could have fallen while he was here. In that case, the whole process would have been delayed.

One of our agency's translators was over there a couple of weeks ago and talked to Kolya. He explained to him about our not hosting him, and assured him that we are coming. He said that Kolya was all smiles and understanding! My heart melts to hear news like this. I thank God that he's okay, and that he's looking forward to coming to his new home. He has no idea how he is already blessing us with his sweet little boy spirit.

It's snowing! It finally started here about 10:00 p.m., so it's been almost an hour, now. There is a possibility of a couple inches of accumulation, but it's not even 32 degrees, yet, so I'm doubtful. It looks so pretty with the Christmas lights on and snow falling. We were almost asleep, but it had been sleeting for a while, so we were watching for it, and then David saw it. Tyler threw on a jacket of David's and a pair of sneakers, and hit the door running! Too cute -- after I put the camcorder away, I looked outside and saw Tyler dancing on the deck and singing James Brown: "I feel good... like I knew that I would...!" ha!

I heard this one on the news today: The New Orleans Saints are eleven and oh, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.