The day after Nick kicked the boy in ESL class, he got in trouble again at school for slapping a boy in the face 3 times while lined up to go somewhere. Now, let me back up just a little... The day that he kicked the kid in ESL class, I told David that it was his turn to be the "bad guy" and mete out the punishment to Nick. He did.
The very next day, David was the one who picked up the boys from school, and a teacher walked to the car with Nick to let David know about the slapping incident. David wasn't happy. When they got home, he and Nick had a one-on-one meeting out in the barn with the doors closed. The boy has been fairly angelic ever since. He hasn't brought home a behavior slip, and we haven't received one phone call from a teacher, nor the principal! Woohoo! He has really been on his best behavior, both at home and at school.
More success! I bought Nick an "I can read" book at the bookstore last week. The next day when he got home from school, I gave it to him to read for homework. He read the whole thing, with only the slightest bit of help from me with a few words! He was absolutely beaming! He excitedly told me, "I want to learn to read fast!" I assured him that he will, and reminded him about how much he's learned already. He's really excited to experience some good things academically. He's a good kid; he just needs to learn more social skills and the 3Rs! Oh, and he scored 3 goals at his soccer game on Saturday -- he's doing pretty well. We've had a very nice week, or so, with Nick. :o)
Thanks for any and all prayers!
Today was Tyler's 5th Gotcha Day! He was wound up and wild all day - ha! I decorated a cake for him in camo and army men (as requested) and we sang Happy Gotcha Day to him. He loved it, of course. I gave him a pop gun, and David gave him a Saints football. He also did very well at tennis today, playing one-on-one with another boy.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.