Tyler's 9th Birthday Celebration
I am anxiously awaiting Nick's first day of school! He goes back on August 9, and Tyler starts on the 19th. I'm hoping that Nick just suddenly has a "click" of the light bulb, and starts learning to read. That will open a whole new world to him, academically. Now, if he could just remember 6x7, 6x8, and 6x9, which we drill pretty much every day, we'd really be going somewhere. We told Nick that he can play soccer this fall if he learns all his multiplication facts this summer.
The boys are doing their last sports camp of the summer this week. I signed them up to do full-day soccer camp, but they didn't have enough kids sign up, so they can only do half-day. Bummer. I was totally counting on having my "whole" days this week to get some work done. Now, I'm just running the roads, again. :o(
We had a family reunion in Tennessee over July 4th weekend. We made a long weekend of it, and had only 3 days at home before leaving for Cozumel (for another long weekend). Cozumel was a lot of fun -- all 3 of my sisters came, along with 2 husbands, 2 kiddos, a sister-in-law, a great friend, and my baby girl!
Cozumel was beautiful and very nice. We had just the best, most relaxing time!
One of Nick's friends from his orphanage was hosted this summer by a friend of mine, right here in our town! We were able to see and play with him a few times while he was here. Actually, he hasn't yet left, but will be leaving this week. I think -- sadly -- he has too many family members to be able to be adopted. It's all the more sad because my friend and her family wanted to adopt him. They said he's a great kid, very loving. :o(
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.