We had a nice weekend, going to Texas for Mama's 70th birthday party. The boys are pretty well wiped out, now, after spending last week at Disney and then coming back to their busy daily lives. We booked the Disney trip in November, thinking we would have had Kolya for a little while longer before the trip. We are already ready to sllllloooooooow dooooowwwwwwwn! Tyler's track team obligation is being dragged out, when it was supposed to be over last week. Turns out he's probably going to have to play with the team in the golf tournament next week because there aren't enough kids this year (and he doesn't really want to play at all). He enjoys his once-a-week tennis lesson, and he does like baseball, but we have too many scheduling conflicts these days. As I've said before, he will have to start choosing between sports this fall...
As for Kolya, he's decided he wants to be called "Nick." Wednesday night while I was tucking him in to bed, he said, "You Mama, Ya Nick." He's using more and more English, and doing much better than he ever thought he would. The girls at school love him, and they ran over on Friday to tell me how they're helping him in class (well, and one just plays soccer with him on the playground). He's absolutely loving tennis, and wants to play every day. He's playing baseball, but hasn't really learned to love it -- especially after getting hit in the eye with the ball last Thursday!
We received Nick's green card last week. Don't remember whether I've explained that he came on an IR4 Visa, so he's not yet a citizen; he's a legal permanent resident. Now I can do his re-adoption paperwork so that he can get a Louisiana birth certificate.
--------------
NOVEMBER 3, 2010
I can't believe I forgot to mention our spring break trip to Disney World! It was pretty awful, actually. Perhaps I was trying to block it out. The boys fought and argued all week long. No REALLY! They were terrible. On Thursday, when we were talking about leaving Friday, Nick started asking about what they would be able to do next time they came. I told him he could do anything he wanted. Because the NEXT TIME HE COMES TO DISNEY WORLD, HE'LL BE BRINGING HIS WIFE!!!
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.